Custom Search

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

ABC Wednesday


http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

E is for elevator and Effingham Illinois


When I first introduced the elevator to my nephews I shared with them that it is a magical moveable room that would take us from one place to another. While this sounds wonderous I often think about Mr. Wonka's elevator in the chocolate factory


Effingham is a place that holds many memories for me. My dad worked here as a mail carrier when I was a teen

3 comments:

  1. I recently told this story from my childhood- When I was young (5) I had to see an eye doctor on the fifth floor of a building. It was in the 1969 and elevators were operated by an "elevator man". In 1970 they got a new fangled elevator that ran by itself. I was with my mother and sister. My sister was so afraid of this new elevator that she insisted we not take it. I remember walking up the stairs to the fifth floor, thinking my sister was a big chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a fear of lifts as a child - then to visit father christmas in a department when he was on level 5 did worry me!

    Great memories - thanks so much
    Denise ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. elevators are miraculous, if you think about it.
    ROG< ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post