Custom Search

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Random Thoughts for Tuesday July 7, 2009


Random Tuesday Thought is a place to share those little thoughts that I do not post but still want to share.
My son in law is 6 foot 7 inches tall and my daughter is 5 foot 7 inches tall and we are always curious where my granddaughter will be at. Katelynn is allready 30 inches long and I have heard of 2 different ways of early determining where child will end up (1) double height at 2 years of age: little bit away as she is only 10 months old right now but if we double it we know she will be at least 5 foot tall even at this age. My middle daughter did not reach 5 foot tall the poor thing and she is 18 and has stopped growing so if this manner is taken into affect we know that the niece will be taller than the aunt. THis will not be good news for my daughter. LOL. (2) add the fathers height and mothers height and divide by 2 so 79 inches + 67 inches is 146 inches and divide that by two and we reach 73 inches which is 6 foot 1 inch. Man if that is right I will have to look up at my granddaughter in the days to come.
Do you have a random thought you want to share? Want to read other random thoughts? Head over to the blog the UnMom to join in.

4 comments:

  1. I think I stick more with doubling the height at age 2. If you do the average of the parents heights it wouldn't allow for the naturnal variation in siblings. For example, my brother is 4 inches taller then me. I also know some people who are shorter then either of their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't learn about this trick until after my son was two and now I can't find his height from his two-year-old checkup. Darn.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    Also - six kids? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they're more guidelines, than anything, really. Though I'm still curious to see if my son will live up to his potential - he's really tall already at 21 months :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post